Ronald Phillip Georgi, D.C., of Badger died Monday, May 12, 2014, in Visalia. He was 74.
A service will be held tomorrow (Saturday, May 17) at 1 p.m. at Hilltop Chapel, 47895 Dunlap Road, Miramonte (off Highway 245).
Dr. Georgi was born February 24, 1940, in Oceanside, Calif., to Otto and Audrey Georgi. He was raised in Tujunga in Southern California and graduated from Verdugo Hills High School and L.A. College of Chiropractic.
Ron began on his chiropractic path when he was nine years old. On Christmas Eve 1949, his father, Dr. O.R. Georgi, opened his chiropractic practice in the Sunland-Tujunga area of Los Angeles.
Ron was there from the beginning to assist his father. He followed in his father’s footsteps and became a chiropractor who believed in the holistic treatment of the patient.
In 1969, he saw an ad in a chiropractic journal and bought the Woodlake practice of David Cox. He not only received a fully functioning chiropractic practice, but also Molly the cow.
“So we wouldn’t starve to death!” Ron would say.
He operated the Woodlake office for the next decade, returned to Southern California to assist in and ultimately take over his father’s practice, then came back to Woodlake in 2000, where he worked until his retirement in September 2011.
In 2010, Ron celebrated his 70th birthday in Three Rivers. Family and friends from as far away as Mexico City and Switzerland were in attendance.
Ron was preceded in death by his first wife, Susan, and brother Bob.
He is survived by his wife of 14 years, Gayle Georgi of Badger; four children, daughters Diane Georgi and husband Jim Leighton and Denise Georgi; stepsons Steve Patterson and wife Amanda and Nathan Patterson; two grandchildren, Adeline and Samuel; and his brothers, David Georgi and wife Carol, Bill Georgi and wife Sharon, and Ralph Georgi; and his sister, Olga Marina Georgi Abaunza.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made to Woodlake Union High School Foundation (P.O. Box 475, Woodlake, CA 93286; Attn: Ronald P. Georgi Scholarship) or Hilltop Chapel.