Sequoia-Kings Canyon National Park weekly incidents
SEQUOIA NATIONAL PARK
● 9/26/19: A ranger observed a tour bus traveling on the Generals Highway between Giant Forest and Ash Mountain. The driver was contacted for crossing the double yellow line.
● 9/28/19: Rangers attended the Public Lands Day event at Lake Kaweah.
● 9/23/19: Rangers, along with Grant Grove Fire Brigade, responded to a single vehicle accident near Little Baldy. Rangers arrived to find an overturned delivery truck carrying firewood. The driver was assessed by Lodgepole EMTs, and care was transferred to Sequoia Safety Council on scene. The driver was transported to a hospital by Sequoia Safety Council. Sequoia Road Crew assisted with moving the truckload of prepackaged firewood to a safe location in a turnout near Little Baldy.
● 9/29/19: Ambulance 6 responded to Wuksachi Lodge lobby for a 32-year-old female from Chicago complaining of localized swelling on her left forearm. Patient stated she was bitten by an insect the night before, and patient refused assessment and ambulance transport.
● 9/29/19: Lodgepole rangers responded to the Giant Forest Museum for a 63-year-old male from the Netherlands unable to urinate since 8:30 in the morning. Patient complained of associated pain and a feeling of pressure in lower abdomen. Patient was transported via ambulance and transferred to American Ambulance at Hospital Rock. Sequoia-Kings Canyon National Park weekly incidents
● 9/28/2019: Rangers were advised at 1:47 a.m. by the IERCC of an SOS activation near Soldier Lake for a 60-year-old male who was complaining of shortness of breath and balance issues. This same individual had suffered from HAPE last year in the Cedar Grove area. The party continued to text Sequoia-Kings Canyon dispatch with updates as the group made their way out of the wilderness. In the afternoon of 9/28 the group texted that the individual was feeling better and “that the emergency had played out.” Sequoia-Kings Canyon National Park weekly incidents
KINGS CANYON NATIONAL PARK
● 9/29/2019: Grant Grove rangers/Ambulance 5 responded to the Grant Grove Visitor Center for a 6-year-old male with a head injury due to a 6 to 10-foot fall off of a rock in the Roaring River Falls area (Cedar Grove). Parents drove the patient to Grant Grove and called 911. The patient was transported to a rendezvous ambulance for transfer to Fresno. Sequoia-Kings Canyon National Park weekly incidents
Revenue and Fee Management Branch
● Saturday 9/28 was fee-free for National Public Lands Day.
● Seasonal closures—
Dorst Creek campground closed for the season on 9/25/19.
Lodgepole upper loop closed for the season on 9/25 and the rest of the campground switched from reservation to first-come, first-served. Sequoia-Kings Canyon National Park weekly incidents
Canyon View large group sites closed 9/25.
Crystal Springs closed 9/25.
Law Enforcement Services:
● The week of 9/23/2019-9/29/2019, there were 132 incidents that required assistance for all the parks that use the SRCC: Pinnacles NP (11), Whiskeytown Recreation Area (2), Channel Islands NP (4), Sequoia (71), and Kings Canyon (44). Sequoia-Kings Canyon National Park weekly incidents
- J. Wolverton and the Ghastly End: Part 1
- Diane Frazier: 1969 ~ 2019